For all graphics categories we accept two entries per artist. In music category we are restricted to only one entry per musician.
Number of entries in other categories is not limited. However we all love quality over quantity.
SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY
Log in to this website to submit your entry either as a .PRG or a .D64 file. If your entry has more than one file (info, workstages, etc), compress all of them into zip or other common format and submit that. Submitting an entry is possible only for the registered users. Entries can be submitted in: https://partyman.zooparty.org/
The deadline for Music, PETSCII and Graphics competitions is on Friday the 24th of September 2021 at 18:00. The deadline for Basic Effect and Demo competitions is on Saturday the 25th of September at 12:00 (midday). Deadlines Finnish time (UTC/GMT +3 hours).
All pieces shall be previously unreleased original art. Offensive, racistic, sexisitic, plain boring or illegal content will be disqualified. We’ll reserve ourselves the right to decide what is to be left out.
All entries shall be runnable with a vanilla C64 (PAL) and loadable either from 1541(-II) floppy drive or 1530 C2N Datasette.
Compo entries are submitted through Zoo website. Link to the PARTYWEB will appear to the website navigation bar. The link is available for the registered party animals only.
In order of preference, please provide your C64 entries either as executable files in .D64 or .PRG file format.
Voting will start when the compos are presented. Voting is available for registered users only and will end one (1) hour after the last compo has ended.
This year we’re encouraging our audience for ‘fair play voting’ (FPV) meaning the following:
- Respect original art and ideas.
- Base your voting on your own opinion – group-voting is for lamers.
- If you vote, give a vote to every entry in the compo series.
- Voting your own entry? No problemos – just do it fairly.
Our aim is to present the competitions as fair as possible. With FPV we will as well make the scene more welcoming for newcomers.
Each serie winner will receive a custom handmade trophy made Finnish-German sculptor Christian Jütte. Trophies will be shipped during October 2021.
- Prove your creativity – boast with your skills!
- If your demo requires usrer interaction, please let the organizers know it in advance.
- No size or duration limits, but we might be forced to cut your demo short at some point when the audience has had enough.
- SID sounds all day long!
- Provide your original and previously unreleased song as an executable. The executable shall include the name and credits for the tune. Video will be blanked during the music compo. We will play out maximum of 3 minutes per tune, depending on the number of entries. The compo will be played in random order as two sections with a short break in-between.
- If your song does include a loop, please let us know the exact loop point so the fade-out will be smooth.
- Please inform us if you want your song to be played either with a 6581R3, 6581R4AR or 8580R5.
- Providing additional information (player, speed, use of samples etc.) on your entry is highly recommended.
- Pixel magic without restrictions!
- Any graphics format (Hires, multicolor, interlace,…) is accepted. Converting is not accepted at any stage of the image. This concerns scans or googled images or collages out of these. However, you may use a reference image such as a photo taken by you or sketch you have drawn. Handmade remakes are accepted but in such case please provide all necessary information on the original art (author, title etc.) – this information will be shown along the image. However, we encourage you to focus on your own handmade unique art and ideas.
- Graphics will be shown for maximum of one minute per piece. Audio will be muted during the graphics compo. Images will be presented anonymously, but you may have your small signature in the image.
- We require minimum of five (5) workstages of every image. Provide the stages in zip package along the executable file. Make the workstages so that they truly present the creation of the image from blank screen to the final stage. An image without proper presentation of the workflow will be disqualified. Also the workstages will be released for public after the party.
- Any additional information (format, tools, motif…) about your workflow is highly encouraged.
- Scii or PET!
- Submit an image drawn with the original PETSCII character set using standard character mode. Maximum size is 40×25 characters. You may tune the screen colours ($d021 / $d020) while using rasters or animation is a no-no. Entry shall be provided as an executable. Audio will be muted during the compo. Images will be presented anonymously, but you may have your small signature in the image. PETSCII will be shown for maximum of one minute per piece.
- Converting is not accepted at any stage of the image. This concerns scans or googled images or collages out of these. However, you may use a reference images such as a photo taken by you or sketch you have drawn. Handmade remakes are accepted but in such case please provide all necessary information on the original art (author, title etc.) – this information will be shown along the image. However, we encourage you to focus on your own handmade unique art and ideas.
- We require minimum of five (5) workstages of PETSCII graphics as well. Provide the stages in zip package aong the executable file. Make the stages so that they truly present the creation of the image from blank screen to the final stage. An image without proper presentation of the workflow will be disqualified. Work stages may be provided as executables or images (PNG / JPG preferred). Also the stages will be released for public after the party.
- Pure Commodore Basic V2 – unleash your syntax!
- In this category we encourage you to create one mindblowing effect with good old C64 Basic – can you do it? Let that be a one-liner or blast the screen with data – it’s all appreciated.
- The entry can be a demo effect, game, music, animation, visual poetry, whatever! No other limits as long it’s pure basic. If your entry needs user interaction, please note that when submitting. Please note the staff if your entry is a loop or it has an end.
- Each entry will shown for minimum of one minute or through the length of the presentation.
- One rule to rule ’em all: no SYS-commands allowed!